Over the month of June I've been chronicling my shift to being a regular three-days-a-week bus rider. I thought an update on the benefits would be good:
- I arrive at work happier and less stressed out.
- I am going to the gas station about half as often.
- I am catching up on my reading.
- Since my riding plan includes an hour walk, I am finally back in a regular exercise habit.
- It's probably a combination of the walk, less stress, and having to eat what I bring for lunch, but I've lost at least 2 inches off my waist in the last three weeks.
- I am spending less money. I know this because I take out $80 in cash on Fridays (usually), and the last time I went to the ATM, I took out $60 and I still have cash in my pocket 10 days later.
- I know of two friends who have tried riding this month because they see me riding.
- I am having fun challenging my creativity.
- I feel more connected to my neighborhoods and my environment.