Friday, March 9

News on the solar front

I have a south-facing, steep-pitch roof section on my townhouse. I long to install solar, but I've hesitated because I assumed my HOA would have problems with stuff installed on the roof. Last night I found one of my copies of the current HOA regs and there isn't anything that prohibits modifications to the roof... I just have to get HOA approval. I know that "just" isn't small, I can do all kinds of research and make a beautiful presentation and still have them say, "no", but it gives me enough of an opening to move ahead.

No comments:

Unbox Videos

Welcome

NotSoBigLiving is the story of a woman inspired by Sarah Susanka, Bill McKibben, Airstreams, Tumbleweed houses, Mennonites, Jimmy Carter, hippies, survivalists, Anasazi, Pema Chodron and Joko Beck, Scott Peck, Buckminster Fuller, and Al Gore to see what she can do to reduce her carbon footprint in her mid-80's suburban townhome. Strategies include roommates, alternative travel, organic eating, planting a victory garden, mindfulness, and a belly full of laughter.